It might surprise you, but your dryer vent does give out signs of dangerous lint build up.
So don’t ignore them! You need to proactively look out for these signs to ensure that vent cleaning is done thoroughly.
This is because a clogged dryer vent is a major threat and a fire hazard!
How to Find Clogged Dryer Vents?
With the running of every cycle, the runtime of your dryer increases and excess heat damages the fabrics.
So look out for the following warning signs.
- The dryer gets too hot when it is running.
- The laundry room is too hot.
- There is a pungent smell coming from the dryer.
- You find it difficult to open the vent flapper.
- Your clothes take way too long to dry.
- In spite of the dryer, your clothes are not completely dry.
- You notice a sudden and drastic increase in utility bills.
If you have vinyl or foil tube attached to your dryer, then it is high time you replace it with a metal tube.
You can hire a dryer vent cleaning service professional in Tamarac, Florida and nearby areas to get the vents cleaned by an expert.
Alternatively, you can also clean dryer vent on your own.
How to Efficiently Clean Dryer Vents at Home?
Follow the steps below to clean the dryer vents properly.
- For effective dryer vent cleaning, you should start by unplugging your dryer.
- Turn off the gas in case you have a gas dryer.
- Remove the lint screen to remove any lint that might have been trapped after a full load.
- Use a dryer vent brush to clean the coils in and around the lint trap.
- Vacuum carefully once to suck up any lint and dirt loosened by the brush.
- Loosen the clamps and pull the dryer away from the wall and disconnect the exhaust duct tube.
- Use screwdrivers to loosen the bolt attached to the clamp.
- Go behind the dryer and see if there is any lint formation. If yes, use a vacuum cleaner to eliminate as much lint as possible
- After the cleaning is done, make sure you attach the tube and the dryer back to the wall.
If you have a really long tube, it may get very difficult to clean. In such cases, you can purchase a long hose brush to clean it efficiently.
If you’ve been wondering how often you need to clean dryer vents, here’s all that you need to know.
How Often Should You Clean Dryer Vent?
Ideally, you need to clean your lint screen after every load. It’s quite simple to take out the lint screen and clean it on a regular basis.
That said, it’s always recommended that you opt for professional dryer vent cleaning about twice a year depending on the load and usage.
When you notice that your dryer is not doing its job properly, it’s a sign that you need to clean it.
Follow these simple steps to help clean dryer vents effectively.
But if you’re struggling with dryer vent cleaning on your own or it is heating up way too much, hiring a local dryer vent company is the best solution. They are well equipped to complete the job in half the time.
If you are located in and around Tamarac, Florida and need dryer vent cleaning you should contact Dri & Kleen Home Services at 305-742-1620.