Dryer vents are an area we mostly ignore, but dryer vent needs thorough cleaning to prevent any danger of fire and other health hazards. You need to take time out and clean the lint trap because if not taken proper care of the dryer vent will clog. Debris in the lint filter is dangerous and should be removed without any delay.
Clogged dryer vents can cause a lot of problems; your house can catch fire. The other dangers that unclean dryer vents have -
- Damp and moist clothes even after a full round
- Carbon monoxide accumulation
- Heavy increase in utility bills
- Dryer might take double time to run a full cycle
- Mold growth inside the vent
- Debris outside dryer vent opening
- The dryer might have a foul, musty smell
- Excessive heat in the dryer room
- Clothing is unusually hot even after a complete cycle
We often ignore the initial signs that suggest that our dryer vents need cleaning but the more you postpone, the more dangerous it might become.
- Unplug the dryer from the power supply
- Pull the dryer from the wall
- Empty the lint screen
- Leave enough space behind the dryer
- Vacuum the debris from under the dryer vent
- Use a soft brush to remove the dirt in the pipe
- Remove the tube that runs through the wall
- Vacuum the entire vent
- Try to use a flexible dust brush with extendable handles
There will be several screws that will attach at several places, make sure you use proper tools and also keep the screws in place that you can fix it as soon as the cleaning is over. You have to reattach the nozzle properly and push it to the wall. Plug the dryer back, and you are good to go. You can always purchase the Dryer Vent Cleaning kit that is a set of a couple of soft brushes that help you clean the dirt from inside the pipes.
Clean dryer vents not only prevent fire hazards but only saves time in every cycle. The extra few minutes in the first couple of times go unnoticed but as the vent gets more and more clogged the time taken starts increasing drastically. A clean dryer vent will take half the time. Clothes get better dry, and the moistness of clothes is not found after you have thoroughly cleaned your dryer.
Dryer vent cleaning can be incredibly taxing and difficult to do. If you are facing any of the above problems or it has been over six months since to last got a professional cleaning done, do it today. For enhanced performance efficiency get a professional dryer vent cleaning. Professional cleaners not only clean the entire dryer vent they also clean the moisture sensors to keep dryers safe and prevent fire hazards.
Dri & Kleen Home Services offer advanced professional dryer vent cleaning service to help you remove built-up lint. We provide dryer vent cleaning in all areas of Florida. Call today 305-742-1620 and schedule your appointment for your cleaning dryer vent.