Tile and Grout Cleaning is a full day activity, and you need to spend an entire day on their knees and hands scrubbing the grout. Grout is a paste for filling crevices between a wall or floor tiles. This helps keep the tiles firm and stuck to one another forming a floor. Initially, this grout is clean and white but with wear and tear or daily use it gets dirty. Bacterial growth is also possible in between the tiles and can affect the indoor quality.
Tile and Grout cleaning also depends on surrounding and the atmospheric conditions. While taking these parameters, you can find out which method is best and best suited for Fort Lauderdale. Fort Lauderdale has a tropical rainforest climatic conditions with very few variations. Summers are long, hot, and wet. Summers are also mostly cloudy whereas the winters are comfortable yet humid but mostly clear. The temperature typically varies from 61°F to 89°F as stated by WeatherSpark.
All Types of Floors Need Tile & Grout Cleaning
- Kitchen Counter Tops
- Bathroom Floors
- Bedroom floors
- Office spaces
- Bathroom Counter Tops
Does your tile look too dirty? Is the grout making tiles look discolored? There are certain Do’ and Don’t that can help you keep your tile and grout clean.
- All tiles and grouts should be cleaned regularly to prevent any dirt buildup
- Shower tiles need special cleaning and attention because of the moist buildup
- To have simple tile cleaning solution and get it cleaned regularly. Try to do it atleast once a week.
- Allow your solution to settled on the floor for about 10-15 mins if you are in a hurry and then wipe it up. This will remove some of the grime and make it clean and fresh.
- Using a toothbrush to reach small corners
- Rinse and dry after you have kept the solution in the corners for a few hours
- Soap or baking soda for small corner dirt is also a good choice
- Avoid harsh chemicals and avoid spoiling the color on tiles
- Use mats when it is possible especially in areas that are most uses like in from of the sink. This will help in protecting the sensitive areas.
- A grout sealer can be a good option for getting the grouts dirty. It makes the grout non-porous hence preventing the dirt formation
- One DIY method you can use is to add lemon juice for a couple of minutes and then wipe it off. It not only acts as a disinfectant but also leaves a fragrance
- Do not use strong acids; they can spoil tiles
- Avoid bleaching tiles as a part of cleaning
- Avoid wax cleaners or oil-based detergents to keep tile and grout clean
- Vinegar causes the grout to discolor, avoid it
- Do not use any metal based cleaning pads to clean grout
- Get all damaged tiles removed by professional only.
Dri & Kleen Home Services offers tile & grout cleaning in Fort Lauderdale at just ¢0.25 PER SQ. FT. and get world class service. Just call - 305-742-1620.